Back when I was in college, I didn’t have cable or even a TV. In order to stay entertained, I relied heavily on bittorrent to keep up with my favorite free and totally legal to download shows like, *ahem* Found and How I Lost Your Father. Unfortunately, with my busy work/class schedule I didn’t have time to surf my favorite torrent site and download the latest episodes of all the shows I watched each week. To combat this problem, I wrote a small perl script that ran during the week, checking an RSS feed for new episodes of each show. Now, as part of my goal to learn Ruby, I’v converted the script into Ruby and have decided to release the code publicly for those who would like a better understanding of how Ruby reads and manipulates RSS data.